Monday, December 13, 2010

Hooray For Microsoft Excel

If any of you are like me, you like to count your chickens before they hatch. I'm very bad with this in terms of what my pay will be. Often I will sit down and manually calculate how much I will be getting paid for a certain week depending on how many hours I work.

I started getting sick of this, so today (thanks to my superior Microsoft Excel skills that I learnt in AIT last year) I created an Excel document that does it all for me.

All you need to do in the hours column from Monday down to Sunday is enter in what hours you are working. You also need to put in what your usual pay rate is and also what your Sunday pay rate is.
I also worked out the whole taxing bizzo too. I'm more than sure that what I entered was correct but if it is wrong I shall update it for you.

So here it is, you can download it for yo self and calculate how much money you'll be paid.
You'll need Office 2007 to run it... but don't fret if you have 2003 or below, I have created a converted version.


Enjoy!

P.S. Because of a flaw in the formula I used, if your total hours is 0 then it will think that you are getting paid $18.45. This flaw won't appear in any other situations.

EDIT: Good idea Brandon. I just tried it though and it doesn't work. Just reverts to 0. I changed it to -1, which works.
I have updated this for you all.

1 comment: